LAUNDRESS duties include the laundering and ironing of household linens and the clothing of the members of the family. Mending and use of steam irons and dry-cleaning techniques are additional skills experienced laundresses have.
Essential functions of the job may include:
Other responsibilities could include:
- Can identify fabrics and knows the proper care for clothing. Has knowledge of how to launder and press all fabrics
- Organizes and sorts all household laundry and washes, folds and places in family members closet
- Irons linens and family clothing as needed
- Sorts and sends out linens and clothing to dry cleaners and maintains an inventory of items sent and returned
- Operation of equipment that will be used to clean linens and clothing
Minimum requirements of a laundress are:
- Organizing closets
- Maintaining and cataloging Designer and Couture clothes and accessories
- Mending and alterations of clothing
- Seasonal organization of clothing and storing of the clothing
A laundress may be hired part time or full time depending on the needs of the household.
- 1-2 years working in a private residence as a laundress
- Professional references
- 3-5 years in similar employment with professional references
If you're seeking professional staff or employment, we invite you to contact In-house Staffing.
Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
2722 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Phone: (415) 749-3650
Fax: (415) 749-2083
[ Get Directions ]