A COMPANIONS primary responsibility is to assist a person of advanced age maintain an independent lifestyle in a safe and healthy environment at their home.
Essential functions of the job may include:
A COMPANION may also be requested to:
- Grocery Shopping and the planning and preparation of meals
- Errands for the household
- General housekeeping or light housekeeping
- Laundry and ironing
- Assistance with Personal Care including dressing and undressing, bathing and personal hygiene
- Accompanying the senior to events and appointments
- Accompanying the senior when they travel.
An COMPANION may be hired to care for an elderly person who needs assistance with the activities of daily living, or a person with a chronic condition who requires help with personal care and companionship.
- Drive the senior to events, appointments and errands
- Give daily reports to family members or others hired by the family on the status of the senior
- Be able to handle emergency health situations with calmness and swiftness
- Supervision of medication and charting
If the elderly person has Alzheimer's, dementia or has a physical condition that severely limits their judgment and/or mobility Aunt Ann's In House Staffing will decline to staff this need and refer the need to Aunt Ann's Home Care a non-medical private duty homecare nursing agency.
Aunt Ann's Home Care Assesses, Employs and Supervises professional caregivers who have experience with Alzheimer's, dementia, hospice, terminal illness and chronic medical conditions. Aunt Ann's Home Care also has Geriatric Care Managers who supervise professional caregivers on an ongoing basis in the home.
If you're seeking professional staff or employment, we invite you to contact In-house Staffing.
Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
2722 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Phone: (415) 749-3650
Fax: (415) 749-2083
[ Get Directions ]