A NANNY will provide child care in a loving, secure, responsible and positive manner modeling the parent's ideologies of child rearing and ideologies. A nannies primary duties are the care of the children's physical, emotional and physcological well being. The backgrounds of Nannies include childcare professionals, teachers, social workers, mothers, grandmothers and persons with many years of on the job experience loving children.
Essential functions of the job may include:
Minimum Requirements for a NANNY are:
- Interact with the children with an understanding of age related developmental issues. Guide the children to solve problems and make good choices
- Keep the children safe at all times inside and outside the home
- Provide and/or prepare nutritional meal planning, including snacks for the children
- Be able to handle emergency situations calmly with reassurance and swiftness
- Practice sanitary habits and teach and maintain the children's cleanliness; i.e.: wash hands before eating meals
- Manage the household as requested by the employer which may include light housework related to the children including but not limited to the children's laundry, children's playroom, children's bedroom, and family kitchen
- Provide opportunities for recreation such as playing at the park, swimming, soccer, bicycle riding, and participate in those activities as appropriate
- Create, teach and tutor the children within the scope of the job duties assigned by the parents (e.g.: assist the children with their homework)
- Communicate daily with the parents regarding the children and discuss daily occurrences. Follow the parent's guidance on discipline and child rearing with their children.
- Model mature positive behavior and teach children how to resolve conflicts and follow rules
- Have a patient, understanding and cheerful demeanor
- Drive the children to appointments, play dates, school and activities following all traffic laws including placing children in car seats and seat belts at all times.
If you're seeking professional staff or employment, we invite you to contact In-house Staffing.
- 2 to 5 years previous experience employed working with children including 1 year in a private residence
- Professional references
- Current CPR and First Aide Certificate
- A current drivers licenses and clean driving record
- Trustline Registration
Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
2722 Gough Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Phone: (415) 749-3650
Fax: (415) 749-2083
[ Get Directions ]